By booking an appointment and / or being a patient with our Clinic, you agree to be bound by our Clinic Policies as stated below.
We reserve the right to update any part of these Clinic Policies by posting updates on our website. You can review the most current version of the Clinic Policies at any time on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes.
Fee & Rebate
Mind Oasis Clinic is a private practice and charges private fees for its services. Payment of fees are required at the time of service.
Unfortunately, we do not offer any bulk-billing services in our clinic. If you are experiencing any financial hardship, please discuss options with your GP.
All initial patients are required to bring a referral letter from their GP or specialist at your first appointment in order to be eligible for a Medicare rebate. GP referrals must be renewed every 12 months, whilst a referral from other medical specialist must be renewed every 3 months.
To see a Psychiatrist & other Specialist – in order to be eligible for a Medicare rebate, patients must bring a GP referral for your initial appointment. If you are returning for a follow up appointment after a one year lapse since your last visit, you must bring a new GP referral letter.
To see a Psychologist – in order to be eligible for a Medicare rebate, patients must bring a GP referral and a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) addressed to our Psychologist for your initial appointment. Patients can generally claim a Medicare rebate for up to 10 psychology sessions per calendar year if you take up a mental health care plan through your GP. If your GP specifies group therapy in the MHCP, patient can also attend ten group therapy sessions per calendar year. Group therapy is in addition to the individual sessions.
Fees that are not covered by Medicare
3rd party referrals – The Medico legal assessments for 3rd party insurers, work cover and employer assessments are charged according to Australian Medical Association (AMA) rates.
Requests for psychiatric reports – the fees are calculated per hourly basis according to AMA rates. The reports will be done on a prepaid basis.
Deposit & Cancellation Policy
The goal of Mind Oasis is to provide prompt and quality healthcare to all of our patients. We run an appointment system with designated time-slots for each patient. When an appointment is scheduled for you, that time has been set aside for you and when it is missed, that time cannot be used to treat other patients. We request that you respect our clinicians’ time and give us an adequate notice so that we are able to reallocate that time to other patients. Cancellation policies are more about mutual respect than about rules. We respect your emergencies.
- At the time of booking, a 50% deposit is required to secure your appointment (for both Initial & Follow up appointment), it can be used towards your appointment. For telehealth consultation, a full consultation fee is required to secure your appointment as the patient will not be present in the clinic on the consultation day.
- It is fully refundable if you cancel or reschedule your appointment with at least 2 full business days’ notice. However, please take note that all credit card surcharge is NON – REFUNDABLE.
- 2 full business days’ notice is required if you wish to reschedule or cancel your appointment, otherwise the 50% deposit will be forfeited.
Late Arrival Policy
We aim to provide a pleasurable experience for our all patients when visiting our clinic by minimizing your wait time. In light of this, we have implemented the late arrival policy to ensure patients that arrive on time are seen in a timely manner.
We kindly request all our patients to arrive at least 10 minutes before their scheduled appointment time. This allows us to maintain our commitment to timely and quality care for all patients.
If a patient arrives late for their appointment, the following policy will be applied:
- Arrival within 15 minutes of the appointment: Patient appointment will be shortened to the remaining treatment time, and the full appointment fee will be charged.
- Arrival more than 15 minutes late: If a patient arrives more than 15 minutes late, we may not be able to accommodate their appointment due to time constraints. In such cases, the appointment will be considered a “no-show,” and the associated fee will be charged.
It is the patient’s responsibility to schedule a follow-up appointment well in advance to avoid lack of availability with the clinician’s schedule and to assure that our clinic will not jeopardize patient care. If the appointment is via telehealth, the patient can book a follow-up appointment at www.mindoasis.com.au/bookonline/. To reschedule or cancel an appointment, click on the appointment link from the appointment confirmation email. If the appointment is via face-to-face, the patients should book their next schedule after the session while the patient is still in the clinic.
Please be informed that the appointment item number and the corresponding appointment fee initially charged at the time of booking is intended to serve as a preliminary estimate. This estimate is based on the information available prior to the appointment. The final item number and appointment fee being charged will be determined after the consultation based on the doctor’s assessment. The final appointment fee could be more than (or less than) the fee initially charged at the time of booking. A scenario include below (but not limited to):
● If a patient is seeing a psychiatrist, the final appointment fee could be higher if this is an one-off assessment (i.e. Item number will be changed from 296 to 291).
● If a patient is seeing a paediatrician, the final appointment fee could be higher if this is a complex assessment (i.e. Item number will be changed from 110 to 132).
Collateral History Policy
A complete mental health assessment often requires gathering a collateral history of the patient. A collateral history is an information gathered from someone other than the patient, commonly family members, friends, carers, or health professionals.
These interviews for collateral history may be carried out during the consultation or in a separate session. These interviews will be bulk-billed or billed privately.
Online Booking Policy
Online booking is only available for our existing patients.
Appointment booking, rescheduling and canceling will no longer be accepted via phone. To book a follow-up appointment, please visit – www.mindoasis.com.au/bookonline/.
1. If you are an existing patient who has not seen our doctor for 2 years or more, you will be required to book an extended 50-minute appointment. Please kindly call us directly at 02 9011 6800.
2. If you are a new patient, please submit a New Patient Appointment Request Form via www.mindoasis.com.au/newpatient. Our team will contact you within a few business days.
3. If you have booked a new patient appointment and would like to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please kindly call us directly at 02 9011 6800.
Patient Written Consent Required for Bulk-Billed Consultations
In accordance with the updated regulations from Medicare, our practice is now required to obtain patient written consent for bulk-billed consultations, this includes interviews with patient family members or with their other health professionals. This change is known as the Medicare Benefit Assignment.
Important Instructions for patients:
- The “Bulk-Billed Consent Form” will be emailed to you after your consultation with your doctor.
- Please follow the provided instructions to accept the details of your bulk-billed consultation. If, for any reason, you do not agree with the Medicare benefit assignment, we kindly request that you contact our clinic at 02 9011 6800.
- We are unable to bulk bill your consultation if you decline to provide your consent or do not respond to the “Bulk-Billed Consent Form” within 7 calendar days. In such cases, an invoice for private payment will be generated for you to pay.
Doctor Communication Policy
To minimise disruption to the doctor as they are usually in consultation with another patient, phone calls from patients will not be put through to the doctors. Also, as per the prescription policy of the clinic, we are committed to patient care and patients are required to be reviewed at appointment prior to have prescriptions written.
Enquiry about medication conditions, symptoms, prescriptions, medical reports, medical certificates, and application forms will not be responded to by our doctors via phone or email. Patients are required to book an appointment to discuss the above issues. To book an appointment, please visit – www.mindoasis.com.au/bookonline/.
Please note that we are not a crisis management facility. In an emergency, please ring 000 or go to Emergency Department at your local hospital.
For less urgent support, please call:
Mental Health Crisis Line: 1800 011 511
Lifeline: 13 11 14
BeyondBlue: 1300 22 46 36
Zero Tolerance Policy
The Practice takes it very seriously if a member of staff is treated in an abusive or violent way.
We have ZERO TOLERANCE to any abusive, aggressive, or any form of discrimination and threatening behaviour towards our staff, healthcare professionals, or any patients. This states that our staff and healthcare professionals have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked or abused. To successfully provide these services mutual respect between all the staff and patients has to be in place.
Our staff aims to be polite, helpful, and sensitive to all patients’ individual needs and circumstances. They are trained and dedicated to serving you and you will be treated with courtesy and respect at all times. In return, we ask that you treat our staff and healthcare professionals with dignity, respect, and professionalism.
In order for the practice to maintain good relations with its patients the practice would like to ask all its patients to read and take note of the occasional types of behaviour that would be found unacceptable:
- Excessive noise e.g. recurrent loud or intrusive conversation or shouting
- Verbal abuse towards the staff in any form including verbally insulting the staff
- Discrimination of any kind
- Sexual and racial harassment will not be tolerated within this practice.
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible, and explanations are given when they cannot.
- Malicious allegations relating to members of staff, or other patients.
- Offensive gestures or behaviours.
- Causing damage/stealing from the Practice’s premises, staff, or patients.
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently.
- Repeated derogatory comments about the practice or individual either verbally, in writing/digitally, or on social media platforms.
If this is violated, our clinic reserves the right to end a phone call, ask the patient to leave the clinic, in extreme cases, the Police may be contacted which may result the patient being removed from the Practice List.
Private Health Fund
To see a Psychiatrist & other Specialist – Outpatient psychiatry and specialists services are not covered by private health fund. Inpatient psychiatry services are covered by some private health fund through hospital cover.
To see a Psychologist – Psychology services are covered by most private health fund through extras cover. The level of cover, waiting periods and restrictions vary between different insurers. Patients are not required to get GP referral nor Mental Health Care Plan. We ask patients to contact their private health fund for more details.
Medical Record Release Consent Form
Mind Oasis Clinic follow strict regulations to protect the confidentiality of our patients identifiable health information.
The Medical Record Release Consent Form lets a patient allow any person or 3rd party to have access to their health record.
As part of our commitment to providing excellent care, we value your feedback and appreciate your thoughts about how we can better serve you.
To submit your feedback, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.